Check Out Your Local Support Organizations!
Several national cancer support organizations offer financial assistance for mammograms, or access to free mammograms. If Medicare does not yet cover you, or you have a low income, or you're uninsured, check with these organizations for help. Don't skip your mammogram because of a lack of money.
- The National Breast Cancer Foundation has a National Mammography Program that partners with medical facilities across the United States to provide mammograms.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program provides breast cancer screenings (including mammograms) and cervical cancer screenings to low-income, uninsured or underinsured women.
- Some Susan G. Komen Foundation Affiliates sponsor programs or events to provide free or low-cost mammograms. Some also offer breast cancer education and treatment. Check with your local affiliate to see what’s available.
- During October, many FDA-certified imaging centers offer free mammograms or discounts on mammography services. Click here to find an imaging center near you. You’ll need to call each facility to ask about deals for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- The American Cancer Society can help you find free or low-cost mammograms in your area. Call 800-227-2345 for assistance.