Astroglide Celebrates Earth Day with Fun ideas for Green Dating
Astroglide Natural is Perfect for Couples Who are Eco-Friendly and Adventurous in the Bedroom
Vista, CA – April 19, 2013 – Astroglide, a leading brand of personal lubricants, announced today in celebration of the upcoming Earth Day a list of “Green” date ideas couples can explore and “Green” activities singles can do to attract the interest of likeminded individuals. Celebrated every April 22nd, Earth Day is a global chance for individuals and businesses to turn their attention to various environmental issues. It reinforces how local choices can impact the globe and provides a great opportunity for people to work together on worthy goals.
Earth Day Date ideas for couples:
- Participate in one of many beach or lake cleanups which usually involve cleaning beaches and shorelines of garbage. Garbage-detail not your thing? Then visit volunteermatch.org to find something more to your tastes.
- Start an Earth Hour (or hours depending on how hardcore you are) where you forego all electronics, maybe even add stargazing to your date in appreciation of nature and all its beauty. Walk, bike, rollerblade, or take public transit wherever you go that day. Pick a time that you can both reduce your carbon footprint.
- Check out your local Farmers Market and cook up an eco-friendly dinner at home – check out sites like www.ecoharvestgourmet.com for recipes. Or find out what restaurants feature local produce and/or participate in Tip-to-Tail (or Nose-to-Tail) cuisine since food locally grown has a lower carbon footprint than those shipped from miles away.
- For a “Green” bedroom experience, pick up some Astroglide Natural, a botanical-enhanced personal lubricant that does not contain glycerin, parabens, or alcohol and is made with Aloe Vera, Chamomile Flower Extract, and Vitamins C & E.
- Go on a couples hike and bring some bags to collect trash along the way. Performing unselfish acts helps you to feel better about yourself, which can lead to confidence in other areas.
- Try doing a photo scavenger hunt where you grab your camera and start with the letter A and find items that begin with that letter until you complete the alphabet. Make it Earth Day-centric by only taking pictures of animals or vegetation that begins with a given letter.
- Plant a garden together, even if it’s only in a planters box on your small apartment’s balcony. If you plant flowers, then you can decorate the house with them rather than a delivery service.
Ideas for green-thinking singles for Earth Day and to possible score a date:
- Rent DVDs and borrow books from the library. Amazon might offer quick shipping, but it still requires trucks or planes. With the library you aren’t creating more demand for new products, and you just might meet a like-minded single person.
- Walk or bike whenever possible instead of driving or taking the bus. Not only does this not require any fossil fuels, but you get your endorphins going which can stimulate conversation with others.
- Join your local tree planting organization in order to brighten up neighborhoods and potentially meet someone who isn’t afraid to get a little dirty. Websites like volunteermatch.org or even the smart phone app Meet-Up can point you in the right direction to meet someone with the same interests.
- Crack open some organic wine and spend an evening going through your old clothes, sports equipment, and even furniture. Remember “Reuse” is a primary goal, and your donations can prevent someone from buying a new product. And Pinterest can provide tips on how to “Upcycle” your wares.
- Consider going vegetarian for just a week or even a day. Meat requires a lot of resources, and choosing local produce is an environmentally sound choice. You’ll also likely lose weight and look better, which can’t hurt when you’re trying to find a date for Saturday night.
- And there’s websites like planetearthsingles.com or greensingles.com that specifically cater to individuals that make the Green Movement a part of their everyday life.
Whether you are in a committed relationship or a single looking for a hot date, the community spirit of
Earth Day offers you a great opportunity to make Earth-friendly choices and meet some interesting
Astroglide Natural Personal Lubricant is the perfect complement for couples who want to cap off a day of earth-saving activities with botanical fun you can take anywhere. Sold where you already shop, Astroglide Brand products are located in the Family Planning or Feminine Hygiene section of your favorite store. Visit www.astroglide.com for more information.
Astroglide products are developed and distributed by BioFilm, Inc., a privately held manufacturer of high quality healthcare products. BioFilm continually researches consumer needs and develops innovative products to meet and exceed those requirements. The company’s flagship product, Astroglide Personal Lubricant, is one of the world's top selling personal lubricants. Founded in 1991, Astroglide is headquartered in Vista, CA. All BioFilm products are produced on-site in its Vista manufacturing facility under strict in-house quality procedures. BioFilm’s number one priority is to provide its customers with the highest quality products possible. For more information visit www.astroglide.com or follow us at www.twitter.com/astroglide and www.facebook.com/astroglide.